Today we will demonstrate you on how you can download and install custom ROM on Android phone using TWRP custom recovery. First of all, we discuss the custom ROM. The custom ROM is the modified form of stock firmware. As we know that Android is an open source OS, so many developers can edit the Android code. The custom ROMs mostly developed by a group of developers or Android community. It is free for all phones, you can first find the ROMS for your entire phones or tablets and then you can flash the custom firmware on your device.
Here we come with a detailed step by step guide on how to download and install custom ROM on Android phone using TWRP custom recovery. When you purchase a brand new phone, it comes with the pre-installed OS which is known as stock firmware or stock ROM. The official stock firmware is good but it has limited functionalities which are defined by the phone’s manufacturer. If you are an advanced user and can’t live with limited rights and restrictions. So if you wish to use some aftermarket features or you want to use some app which is not supported the stock firmware. By flashing the custom ROM on Android phone using TWRP custom recovery.
TWRP is an open source custom recovery. Also it is the very popular and most used custom recovery in all Android community. The TWRP custom recovery allows users to will enable you to flash unsigned .zip files. Flashing the custom ROMs on your Android device is one of the best ways to get the latest OS and enjoy the lots of extra features and customizations. If this is your first time, then no need to worry about that. Given below we share a detailed guide on how to download and install custom ROM on Android phone using TWRP custom recovery.
Keep in mind in order to install the custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean. So before proceeding take the important data of your phone. If you wish to download and install custom ROM on Android phone using TWRP custom recovery, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- Create a proper Nandroid backup of all your important data before proceeding to the installation guide to flash a custom ROM.
- Make sure your device is rooted and you have a Custom Recovery Like TWRP Is Installed.
[su_button url=”https://androidrootpro.com/how-to-root-android/” target=”blank” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: hand-o-right”]How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery on Android Devices[/su_button]
Steps To Install a Custom ROM On Android phone using TWRP custom Recovery:
- First of all, download the correct custom ROM and Google Apps compatible with your Android device.
- Now, transfer the ROM and Gapps zip files to the internal storage or sdCard (root folder) on your device.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery.
[su_button url=”https://www.unlockroot.net/boot-into-recovery-mode-on-android-devices/” target=”blank” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: hand-o-right”]How To to Boot into Recovery Mode on Android Devices (3 Methods)[/su_button]
- While your device is now in TWRP Recovery, go to the main menu of TWRP and select “Wipe”. Do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and locate the ROM .zip file that you already transferred to your device in Step 1.
- Select the ROM zipped file and do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to start the installation process. This process may take some time, so please wait.
- Once the custom ROM installation successfully completes. You’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, install Google Apps zip file by following the same steps given above.
- Once the flashing completes, tap on “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System.”
That’s All! You have successfully flashed a custom ROM on your Android device. Your phone will take some time, about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
How To Root Android Devices with Magisk v16.4:
If you want to root your device then you can use the following guide to your Android device with Magisk.
[su_button url=”https://www.unlockroot.net/how-to-root-android-devices-with-magisk-v16-4/” target=”blank” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: hand-o-right”]How to Root Android Devices with Magisk v16.4[/su_button]
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions related to the above guide while flashing a custom ROM using TWRP Recovery on Android devices.